Tell me this is a joke

I mean seriously, for real?

8 Responses to “Tell me this is a joke”

It costs $69. That’s so fake, it must be real.

2. Sue says:

Visit Sue

It is for real. I read about it in an article about celebrity perfumes. Apparently it’s quite a lovely fragrance. The $69 price is too funny.

“…a scent that’s all about Scotland, scotch, cigars, and being sexy.…”

4. LLA says:

Visit LLA

ewwwww -

and if the Sephora site icks you out, you’re going to want to avoid the official site.

Although, it is kind of funny, as long as he’s not taking himself too seriously…. if he’s serious, then I’m grossed out, too!

From that site, quoted from Playgirl (which I thought had stopped publishing in like the early ’80s): “Alan’s cumming! On the big screen and in the shower he’s leaving his mark!” Wow - that was subtle.

Also: who the fuck is Alan Cumming? Are we supposed to have heard of him for some reason?

Alan Cumming has been in a bunch of movies and plays, I think including the successful revival of CABARET on B’way. And he doesn’t take himself too seriously, he is kind of an imp. But still!

7. LLA says:

Visit LLA

And he was wonderful as the “former loser in high school, returned to the reunion able to buy and sell you all!” in “Romy and Michelle” - his dance number with Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino to “Time After Time” is worth the price of admission!

8. sumo says:

Visit sumo

I saw Alan Cumming on a late night show awhile back pimping his new fragrance. He is definitely not taking himself seriously. He was making all the obvious jokes about his name, so much so that I thought the whole thing was just a joke. I am surprised to see it is really happening.

I heard him last week (I think) on NPR talking about his bit in “Threepenny Opera.” (My only previous exposure to his work was in Spice World and Josie and the Pussycats neither of which I’d call an artistic achievement.) Guess since posting this, I managed to get edumacated big time. The scent of scotch, Scotland, cigars, and being sexy, however, I think I can do without.

10. Ryan says:

Visit Ryan

“…a scent that’s all about Scotland, scotch, cigars, and being sexy.…” Ok, so it smells like a cheap, foreign bar…that’s the smell I’m going for. Is this guy’s entire marketing campaign based on juvenile sexual innuendo? I don’t think the average man will fork over $69 for that. Why would they when they can just get some Axe body spray—same type of schtick.

11. Taylor says:

Visit Taylor

All I can say is what a name for a man’s fragrance.