Why I am dumb, part infinity times two

I was flipping through last week’s Dig (mostly on Ezra’s recommendation some time ago; I’d never actually picked it up before) on the train this evening, and I saw a record review of the latest album by Dopo Yume. “Dopo Yume, Dopo Yume . . . now I know it’s not Urusei Yatsura, right? Why do I know that name?” A couple of hours later, I faintly remembered being obsessed with the band — I recollected hearing a cassette of theirs and wanting, nay needing, to find a copy of it for my own. The fact that Sean Lennon and his Cibo Matto chick were involved didn’t help jog my neurons, but I do know that I badgered Kevin about whether he knew of the band and if he could hook me up somehow.

Question is: did I see them live? Did someone play me the cassette that keeps nagging at my memory? Why was I so enamored of them? Should I buy up their albums and EPs thus far and see if anything sounds familiar? Is this what it feels like to grow old?

5 Responses to “Why I am dumb, part infinity times two”

1. Janet says:

Visit Janet

This is exactly what it feels like to grow old, in my still-limited but fast-expanding experience. It eases the transition if you make lots of jokes about your forgetfulness and rising unpredictability. The title of this entry, that’s a good one.

2. Flasshe says:

Visit Flasshe

Listen to Janet - she’s really old! ;)

Not as old as I am, Flasshe…not as old as I am. Uh, what were we talking about?

I think we were talking about those damn kids and their boom-boom-boom.

Why won’t they get off my property?

6. dopo yume fanatic says:

Visit dopo yume fanatic

jordan played a solo show up in boston five or six years ago and sold some cassettes. but the music has improved alot since then and the albums and ep are great, so i would recommend checking them out.

7. John says:

Visit John

I get that one too. I have heard of those guys from a friend and I never paid attention. I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt.